The Interim Results Workshop on "Climate Change Impact and Adaptation Study for the Lower Mekong Basin" in Hanoi from October 31- November 1, 2012 was successfully organized with a participation of more than 80 stakeholders from Lao PDR, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam to review the Study methodology and provide expert inputs into the baseline data. We are pleased to share all presentations of USAID Mekong ARCC Climate Study Team and the Summary Report of the workshop as below.
Presentations on Day One - October 31st, 2012:
- Introduction to USAID Mekong ARCC by Paul Hartman, Chief of Party of USAID Mekong ARCC
- Keynote Speaker: Key priorities and challenges in implementation of the national climate change target strategy and action plan by Tran Thuc, Director General, Institute of Meteorology, Hydrology and Environment, MONRE, Vietnam
- Overview of the climate change study by Jeremy Carew-Reid, USAID Mekong ARCC CCIA Study Leader
- Climate change and hydrology modeling methods and results by Tarek Ketelsen, USAID Mekong ARCC Modeller
- Climate change hotspot identification by Simon Tilleard, USAID Mekong ARCC Technical Project Manager
- Protected areas and climate change in the Lower Mekong Basin by Jeremy Carew-Reid, USAID Mekong ARCC CCIA Study Leader
- Climate change impact and vulnerability assessment for natural systems in the LMB by Peter-John Meynell, USAID Mekong ARCC Natural Systems Leader
- Climate change impact and vulnerability assessment for livestock in the LMB by Tom Weaver, USAID Mekong ARCC Livestock Specialist
Presentations on Day Two - November 1st, 2012:
- Keynote Speaker: Challenges of integrating climate change adaptation and mitigation into agriculture planning by Vu Cong Lan, Head of International Cooperation and Project Management (NIAPP) Division, MARD, Vietnam
- Climate change impact and vulnerability assessment for agriculture in the LMB by Dang Kieu Nhan, USAID Mekong ARCC Agriculture Working Group
- Climate change impact and vulnerability assessment for fisheries and aquaculture in the LMB by Rick Gregory, USAID Mekong ARCC Fisheries and Aquaculture Leader
- Climate change impact and vulnerability assessment for socio-economics of the LMB by John Sawdon and Paul Wyrwoll, USAID Mekong ARCC Socio-Economic Working Group
For any inquiries, please contact email@example.com for support.